• 목록
  • 아래로
  • 위로
  • 쓰기
  • 검색

국외 [Quartz] Photos: Overworked South Koreans are finding solace in a fake prison

Some might consider it the ultimate silent retreat.

A mock prison called “Prison Inside Me” has become a retreat for harried South Koreans looking for a clean break from the daily demands of their careers. Located in the Hongcheon county, in Gangwon province east of Seoul, paying visitors are issued a standard blue uniform and must follow the facility’s strict rules. The “inmates” can’t speak to each other, nor do they have access to their phones, or even a clock. Meals, slipped under a swinging door to their cell, are fairly spartan.

Prison Inside Me has hosted a few thousand visitors in the past few years, Reuters reports. Many of them are seeking temporary solace from the stresses of South Korea’s competitive schooling and job market. These stresses have been amplified due to an economic downturn in the country.

One visitor, 28-year-old Park Hye-ri, bluntly described why they would withdraw from the world in such a dramatic fashion, telling Reuters, “This prison gives me a sense of freedom.”

south_korea_prison_001.jpg

south_korea_prison_002.jpg

south_korea_prison_003.jpg

south_korea_prison_004.jpg

south_korea_prison_005.jpg

south_korea_prison_006.jpg

south_korea_prison_007.jpg

south_korea_prison_008.jpg

south_korea_prison_009.jpg

south_korea_prison_010.jpg

south_korea_prison_011.jpg

south_korea_prison_013.jpg

south_korea_prison_014.jpg

기사 원문 : http://qz.com/1476157/overworked-south-koreans-are-finding-solace-in-a-fake-prison/

공유

facebooktwitterpinterestbandkakao story
퍼머링크

댓글 0

권한이 없습니다. 로그인

신고

"님의 댓글"

이 댓글을 신고 하시겠습니까?

삭제

"님의 댓글"

삭제하시겠습니까?

행복공장